Sunday, September 7, 2008

Otis Heaven - Day 3 - Neskowin to Newport



After falling asleep VERY early the night before, I woke up at 5:15. Not wanting to awaken Bonnie, I preped myself for coastal drizzle and headed out the door. With nowhere to go - everything was closed. I sat myself down with my palm and answered emails for an hour and a half on the bench outside the Neskowin store until it opened. They have the best hot chocolate this side of Australia, no kidding!
Bonnie was soon up and we were out by 830 expecting cold, foggy, drizzle like I got used to yesterday and the weather report predicted for today, but it cleared up just 15 min. into our ride. Who knew?
Happy Birthday to me!! Woo hoo!
We took the old scenic hwy 101 all the way to Otis, which was about the best ride you could ever hope to experience; up hill for a loooong way - about 5 miles, but a much gentler slope than yesterday and then an equally breathtaking downhill that I rode like Meg Ryan in the movie City of Angels, for the other 5 down to Otis. The cafe there is known in cycling circles as a great place to stop. There was a wait, but it was worth it. One half order of German potatoes, 2eggs, fresh veggies, a load of "white" cheese, and a piece of fresh baked bread with blackberry jam on a platter-sized plate. Yum yum. Quite a departure from yesterday, which I didn't tell you about yet, because I was too tired.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

thegarciafamily said...

all the wishes come true, you just need to wait for'em...happy birthday anna.

Mary said...

How ambitious...To experience vtach on a bicycle for your 50th birthday! Only from an ER nurse LOL ! Be safe...