Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lost on the 3 Capes - Day 2 - Garibaldi to Neskowin


Well, we left Garibaldi for Tillamook and then planned to ride seperately for an hour or two - I was to take the 3 capes scenic route, while Bonnie decided on the more direct route with a little less hills. We were to meet in Sand Lake but when I didn't arrive there after 3 1/2 hours, Bonnie left word at the cafe there that she would meet me in Pacific City thinking I had missed the cut off. We finally made cell phone contact at 3pm ... 5 hours after we split in Tillamook and agreed she should continue to Neskowin and I'd meet her there. I arrived at about 5:30 tired and cold from a day of scenic vistas of nothing but fog. There were a couple ass-kicking hills that had me searching for more low gears, but mostly I went slow and steady. I showered and ate and went to bed at 730. Wow. It was a hard day ... AND IT'S ONLY DAY TWO!!!

No comments: